Father’s Day can be a time of celebrating Dad for all he is and ever will be. Or, it can be a time for Dad to hone his acting chops for when he has to feign delight at receiving yet another tie, boxers or pair of socks. For his sake, we hope it’s the former…
So, if you’re spending the weekend of the 21st of June with us at Rockwood Lodges, these are just some of the things your Dad can look forward to enjoying on Father’s Day:
- MTB: Whether Dad’s just starting out or an accomplished rider, he’ll enjoy our marked trails which can be picked up from any of our four lodges.
- Fishing: All he needs is a picnic basket and his fishing kit to enjoy a leisurely afternoon at Godwini dam which is about 2.5km from Rockwood Farm House / Cottage and Forest Lodge and about 4kms from Rockwood Mountain Lodge in the East.
- Birding: If Dad is a keen birder, he will love exploring the forest fringes around both Rockwood Forest and Mountain Lodges which offer the most rewarding birding.
- Hiking: The whole family can explore the hiking trails with various level of difficulty. The trail towards the base of Godwini Falls near Rockwood Forest Lodge is particularly rewarding.
- Eating: With a Big Green Egg at each of our lodges, Dad can either cook his own Father’s Day lunch or the family can spoil him with a gastro-feast.